Where is the Ransom Canyon City Hall located?

City Hall is located in the North East section of the City by the two white water tanks, north of the park at 24 Lee Kitchens Drive. Office hours are 8-4:30

How Do I Make A Public Information Request?

You may make a request for public information in writing to: Public Information Request Ransom Canyon City Hall 24 Lee Kitchens Drive, Ransom Canyon, TX 79366 or via email to Elena Quintanilla at the following address: equintanilla@townofransomcanyon.0rg

What about property taxes?

The Lubbock Central Appraisal District (LCAD) appraises and collects the taxes for the Town of Ransom Canyon, the school districts, Lubbock County, the hospital and the water district. You will receive a notice of appraised value from LCAD about the third week of May and the bills will be mailed out on October 1st. All tax payments should be mailed to LCAD. LCAD (Lubbock Central Appraisal District) is located at 2109 Avenue Q, Lubbock, TX 79411 and their telephone number is 806-762-5000. The Ransom Canyon total tax rate is $.65929 per $100 valuation.

Where do I vote?

During early voting you may vote anywhere in Lubbock County where early voting booths are set up.
On election day:

  • If you are in Precinct 35 you vote at: Slaton ISD
  • If you are in Precinct 39 you vote at: The Roosevelt Clubhouse 1400 CR 3300

Where does the City of Ransom Canyon get water?

Ransom Canyon buys water from the City of Lubbock. Click for the water quality report by the City of Lubbock, TX.

Are private water wells allowed?

Private water wells are prohibited (Ordinance # 179)

May I pump water from the lake to water my yard?

The lake is under the jurisdiction of the City of Ransom Canyon. Pumping water is prohibited by Ordinance # 179.

What are the building code requirements?

Property owners must obtain a city permit for any new construction. This includes such construction as adding a patio or having a new roof installed. New construction that changes gradients and/or the look of your home must be approved by the to Building Review Committee before a permit is issued. For more information and details please call City Hall.

What about Garbage Collection?

Garbage is collected twice per week on Tuesday & Friday.


The Citizens Collection Station is a gated area that contains four large roll-off containers for overflow trash and landscape materials. The Station is located east of City Hall, beyond the water tower and RV lot.  A white access card is needed for entry to this area and each entry is recorded electronically.  One white access card is issued to each household; if an access card is lost, a replacement access card is $15.00 and will only be replaced once.



Can anyone use the lake and does my boat need to be registered?

Ransom Canyon Lake may be used by property owners and their guests.  property owners must be with guests at all times while they enjoy the amenities of our community. 

Boat Limitations: Maximum Length: 22'
Maximum Horsepower: 200 HP

All watercraft are required to be registered for use on the lake. To register your watercraft, please call the Police Department at 806-829-2600.

Boat ramps are located across from the Party Island area. Boat slips are available from the Ransom Canyon POA

The Texas Water Safety Act, the Texas Penal Code, the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Code, the Texas Parks and Wildlife Game and Fishing Laws, and all other applicable Texas laws shall apply to boating operations and sporting activities on Lake Ransom Canyon, unless further restricted by ordinances.

What school district is Ransom Canyon located?

Ransom Canyon is actually in two school districts, Roosevelt ISD & Slaton ISD.  Please look at the link to the district map before enrolling your child in school.


Roosevelt ISD Roosevelt High School • 1406 COUNTY RD 3300 • Lubbock, TX 79403 (Most of the North side of the lake)
Phone Numbers:
High School · (806) 842-3283
Junior. High · (806) 842-3282
Elementary · (806) 842-3284


Slaton ISD (All of the South Side of the Lake)
Slaton High S 105 N 20TH ST · Slaton, TX 79364 · (806) 828-5833
Slaton Jr. High 300 W JEAN ST · Slaton, TX 79364 · (806) 828-6583
Austin Elem 740 S 7TH ST · Slaton, TX 79364 · (806) 828-5813
Westward Elem 615 W Lubbock · Slaton, TX 79364 · (806) 828-5805

What is the Propery Owner's Association?

This association is made up of all Ransom Canyon lot owners. Members are required to pay a yearly $60 membership fee.

The Ransom Canyon POA has private ownership & maintenance of:
• Ranch House
• Ranch House / Pool pennisula
• Swimming pool
• Meadows (at the lake's small end)

For more information, visit

How can I rent the Ranch House and/or the Pool on the Party Island?

The Property Owner Association (POA) owns the Ranch House & pool that are located on a pennisula in Ransom Canyon Lake. For more information visit their website:

The pool is open to Canyon residents during the summer.

Where is the Ransom Canyon Library?

The library is located just east of City Hall, beside the water house, on the road to the RV park. Library winter hours are 2:30 to 6:00 Tuesday/Thursday and 10:00 to 2:00 on Saturday.

What about the Christmas Open House?

The Chapel holds an annual Christmas Open House in the Canyon. Five to six residents open their homes for public tours during this event. For information, visit the Chapel Website at

Christmas in the Canyon

This is a very busy time on the Canyon streets. With such a unique and pretty setting, the Canyon always dresses up for Christmas and our streets are filled nightly with everything from passenger cars, trolleys, buses to limousines. If you have parties during the Christmas season, please have your guests park on the same side of the street to avoid congestion. Please turn your Christmas lights off by 11 p.m.

How do I rent the Chapel?

The Little Chapel of Brookhollow is located in a valley here in the Canyon. The pathway up to the Chapel starts at a small pond and winds up through a tree lined path, past a beautiful waterfall. For information, look at the Chapel Website.